Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Pureed Broccoli and Potato Soup

(The essentials: onion, red potatoes, broccoli)
(The creamy finish)

I absolutely love the combination of broccoli and potatoes (I have a great recipe, I will have to share later), so when I stumbled across this recipe for Potato and Broccoli soup, I knew that I had to make it.  This soup is light and healthy, but incredibly satisfying.  This recipe is a tad different because you use incorporate both the stems and the florets. 

A few tips:  I used red potatoes as I prefer them to other varieties because they turn into a creamy consistancy when pureed.  I also opted to blend the entire soup in the food processor, but you can blend to your own heart's content.  A sprinkling of parmesean will add the finishing touch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment