Wednesday, October 19, 2011

La Belle France

   

France has always held a very special place in my heart.  From my very first three week sojourn in high school, I immediately fell in love. My first visit to Paris was magical.  I was thoroughly taken aback by the beauty of the city’s architecture, food and café lifestyle.  I was also lucky enough to be able to explore both Lyon, Dijon and the remote French country side where my host family lived and owned a vineyard.  I knew that on the plane ride back to the States that I would definitely be back soon. 

I hold dear to my promises and six years later I found myself back on that plane to Paris for a semester abroad, which would really change my life and open my eyes to the world.  I have always had a sense of adventure and a passion to discover faraway places.  My days were filled with school (only a few days a week, what an arrangement!) and wandering around the Jardin du Luxembourg, strolling along the Seine and eating so many hot baguettes, pain au chocolats and concord grapes that I officially lost count after the first month.  I have two favorite things about Paris, first being the light – I don’t mean all of the sparkling lights at night, I am talking about the rays of light that during the day reflect off the marble and create an ethereal glow.  My second favorite thing is the color of the sky – the grayish/bluish/purple billowy clouds that are just not seen anywhere else.  It has just been too long since I have journeyed to France, but I really  hope to change that in the next year.  In the meantime, I really, really want to jump into each and every one of these stunning photographs found here of the La Dorgdogne region.    

No comments:

Post a Comment