Sunday, October 30, 2011

Heavenly Coconut Cupcakes

I am a chocolate addict. Any sort of dessert that involves rich dark cocoa, I will gladly eat.  But recently I was craving a lighter and fluffier vanilla based dessert, so when I stumbled across this recipe for Coconut Cake, I just had to make it, but in cupcake form. 

(The butter and sugar creamed together)
(The egg whites being folded into the batter)
(Delicious batter prepared to be baked)

(Fresh from the oven)
(So beautiful, not to mention moist with an unbelievable frosting)


A few things: From my experience, the essential ingredient to making a cake moist is to incorporate buttermilk.  So instead of adding the half a cup of milk and half a cup of coconut milk, I added one cup of buttermilk.  The result? An amazingly light and fluffy cake.  Also, I  made Seven Minute Frosting, which I discovered that I prefer more than the traditional buttercream icing.  It consists of egg whites that have been whipped to perfection and definitely provide an airy compliment to the moist cake.  And the toasted coconut that is generously sprinkled on top, is well, the icing on the (cup)cake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment