Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Petal by Petal: Chamomile

Chamomile is one of those flowers that is just daintily pretty.  It has an innocent and sweet presence thanks to it's tiny white petals and vibrant yellow center, but chamomile is not a sleeper flower, this bloom has many medicinal properties that have been used for centuries.  While I am not much of tea drinker, there are times that only a cup of tea will do and I tend to lean towards the herbal variety.  By drinking chamomile tea, it is said that these blooms can ease indigestion and relieve tension and stress and for that I say amen! Stay-tuned tomorrow for a recipe incorporating this flower.  Continue for more...


*All photographs & styling by Alison 

13 comments:

  1. Pretty–I love how you stored it in the tomato can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always thought chamomile flowers were pretty, too! Lovely photos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty flower! I love the tea so it's only natural that I'd also love the flower :)
    www.fashiontruffles.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo how pretty! Oh yes Chamomile has so many benefits. Love this.

    Ali of

    Dressing Ken

    ReplyDelete
  5. So gorgeous and love the can!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Alison! I love chamomille for many reason: the scent, as tea and also for hair, it reminds me when I was a child, always use shampoo with it:) Lovely photos! Kisses! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, canned flowers?!

    I love it!

    So pretty :)

    Nicole
    www.eleganceandclutter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chamomilles are so pretty. And I love the vase you have them. It's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pictures!!!!you have a great talent:-)!!!

    ReplyDelete