Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Hand-crafted:: Chamomile Tea

I must make a confession, I have thoroughly fallen in love with my camera.  It has taken a little while to really know how to use it, but when you do there is no going back.  That being said, I have really been doing some heavy experimentation lately, where I have spent hours (I mean hours) playing around with different lighting and making photographs either bright and vibrant or dark and moody.  A quick story first though- when I was in high school I inherited my grandfather's manual Nikon from the 1970s.  It is a beautiful camera, I still have it.  I used his camera for photography lessons and back then I just did it because I needed to fulfill an elective.  I thoroughly enjoyed it but my teacher said I didn't have a 'knack' for photography, yes, a teacher told that to a student, so after that class I actually believed him and didn't pick up a camera again until last May.  Since then, photography has been an amazing creative outlet for me and I am glad that I stopped believing him and in turn, I believed in myself.  

Anyways, I decided to dry the chamomile leaves from yesterday's post and make tea.  I made homemade tea once before here and was blown away at how easy it is to make yourself.  Chamomile tea has a subtle floral notes and I love to sip it with just a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.  Continue for more...




Where to Buy:
Tinware Mugs - Canvas Home

*All photographs & styling by Alison 


18 comments:

  1. so glad you are loving your camera!! yeay! and so glad you ignored that teacher...cause I adore your photos! what a terrible thing for a teacher to say...and that is the way to learn...to experiment. SO lucky you have the time. I wish I did...cause I love it as well. These are so good!! I love chamomille tea...its my fave...I always have it after dinner. OOhh and in camp I had a fencing instructor tell me I was terrible....imagine where I would be if I hadn't believed him....ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE these dark and moody shots!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you picked up a camera again bc you take great photos! I'm not a tea person (like the only person ever to not be a tea person!), but I do like chamomile, and this looks delish! xo, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love chamomile tea before bed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Alison! You always do an amazing job with the photos, always enjoy them!:) Love chamomile tea, I usually drink it in the night to relax!:) xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Photography is excellent...keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such pretty pictures. I love everything about chamomile..the tea, the smell! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmm I love chamomile tea, it makes me feel so relaxed!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't even imagine how could someone have actually told you that you don't have a 'knack' for photography, when you have such an eye for all things beautiful. I always find myself in love with the way you style your photos and this set is no exception :)

    Hugs,
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't know one used the leaves for tea - I thought it was chamomile flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the perfect cup of chammomile tea! I usually try to have one before bed and it usually does the trick :) Also, your photos are GORGEOUS! Can you teach me your amazing ways?

    xx,
    Maya

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your photos are gorgeous! How rude of a teacher to say that to any student. That tea looks really good. I definitely need to get one of those tea sets.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oooh I love your props... I'm kinda a prop girl myself.

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow these pictures look amazing, your teacher was totally wrong! I wish I could take pictures like that!:)
    xx Kate

    The Style Department

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your teacher was an idiot! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Too bad what your teacher said. It was so rude! He shouldn't be a teacher. You are right, believe in yourself. You are so talented and your photos are amazing! I also love chamomile tea.

    http://thefashioness.com/

    ReplyDelete