Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Lemon and Strawberry Balsamic Sandwich Cookies & A Lemon Harvest



 I am about to make a very big statement here - these Lemon and Strawberry Balsamic Jam Sandwich Cookies are the best cookies I have ever tasted, yes, I said it.  What makes these cookies so good you might ask? Well, not only do they incorporate lemons that we have been growing for over a year (I also mentioned them here), but they infuse a variety of flavors and textures that harmonize so well together like almond flour, lemon zest and strawberry balsamic jam.  The shortbread cookies practically melt in your mouth while the jam provides a sweet and almost savory-like flavor.  You can find the recipe for the Strawberry Balsamic Jam here.  Continue for more...


A Few Things: One important step not to omit when baking these cookies is the portion of time that the dough must spend in the freezer.  Allowing the dough adequate freezing time will make it easier to handle when cutting it out.  I found that if the dough came to room temperature it was hard to work with.  Also, if you do not have time to make the Strawberry Balsamic Jam, regular Strawberry jam will also work perfectly.  


*All photographs by Alison 
**Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart's Lemon & Raspberry Sandwich Cookies

15 comments:

  1. yummy...seems really tasty
    xoxo
    vendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! They really do look that good!! Sounds divine! Next time I'm in the city we need to have tea....at your house!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alison, I'm drooling over your cookies, they look so yummy and delicious! Congrats cause you make also the best food photography everytime! Kisses! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sound so delicious, and the pictures are STUNNING as usual Alison!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything about this sounds incredible!!! I need to try! xo, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. These cookies sound amazing, yum!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow these look insane!! i am continuously impressed with your recipes and photography - just beautiful! will you come cook for me, kthxbye! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. alison these look so delicious! i have such a big sweet tooth haha :) x

    & Pretty Things

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well I am going to have to bookmark this recipe for a rainy day. They look fabulous!

    Amy

    Fashion and Beauty Finds

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want them with tea............please.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum! Anything with lemons I love!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want now, delicious

    http://couturetrend.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look heavenly! Maybe once I get almost decent at cooking, I will attempt making them. In the meantime, I can try and bribe one of my friends to make them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Omg those look so so so good! Definitely need to make them soon!

    Iambornlippy.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really need to make these! But I need one now!

    ReplyDelete