Monday, May 6, 2013

I Love This Look: Flowers & Embroidery

I hope that everyone had a great weekend!  I had a busy weekend, first on Saturday I celebrated my honeys birthday with an amazing chocolate chip pancake breakfast (recipe to come), followed by a Yankee game (they won, go Yanks!).  Then on Sunday, I got to spend the day with one of my dearest friends Christi, who was in town from Charleston, South Carolina.  We spent the day exploring Brooklyn with a must-stop at the Smorgasburg which was amazing as always.  Spring is still slowly making it's way into the area and I have been back and forth with wearing a jacket to going without.  One item that I can't live without is my leather jacket - which is just one of the reasons that I love this outfit here.  I love how the toughness of the leather is paired with two ultra-feminine pieces like floral prints and white, delicate embroidery.  I also love how her brows are super defined and how her cheeks are rosy, just a sunny look. I hope that everyone has a great week!



Image via Stockholm Streetstyle

18 comments:

  1. Hi Alison! Always love the combo of leather jacket with something floral! That look is perfect, I agree! Thanks for the inspiration, have a great week! Kisses! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings! Very useful advice in this particular post!
    It's the little changes that will make the most significant changes. Thanks for sharing!

    My blog post; http://gonur.co.cr/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the added edge of the leather jacket paired with sweet florals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great look - would have never thought to put the leather jacket with the floral, but it looks amazing! Thanks for the inspiration ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I want to try and recreate the look. Floral pants are my new favorite thing.
    www.fashiontruffles.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that look, too! Whenever I wear florals, I have to add a leather element, such as a jacket to toughen it up a bit. LOVE this! xo, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the leather jacket with the printed pants. Such a cute outfit!

    xo, Yi-chia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww Happy Birthday to your honey! Love the prints with the leather jacket! x, Kat

    Love and Ace

    ReplyDelete
  9. This look is so cute! I am loving the hat. The floral pants mixed with a more masculine hat is so great!
    xoAmy
    www.dreamingincashmere.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes. I need some floral pants in my life asap.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the top and this leather jacket is very beautiful!
    Great look, I never thought that floral pants could be so beautiful with a leather jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your hat pick is perfect! I need it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gahh she just looks so effortlessly cool - great inspiration! Sounds like such a fun weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that look. I seriously need a leather jacket. I love the one you posted!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this look too! It's so happy hippie chic for spring, which we can all use more of :) Sounds like an amazing weekend - can't wait for another fabulous recipe from you!

    xx,
    Maya

    ReplyDelete