Tuesday, May 7, 2013

A Rustic & Elegant Tablescape

If I had to pick one of my favorite meals, it would consist of a variety of good cheeses, crusty bread, buttery olive oil and a mixture of olives, perhaps it is the side of me that so badly wishes I was Tuscan.  I came across this delectable tablescape created by prop stylist Kim Ficaro (of Domino Magazine fame) for Athena Calderone - a fabulous interior designer that has a serious penchant for delicious food.  This table setting is rustic, yet incredibly elegant at the same time.  Continue for my take on creating the same type of meal!





Antonini Olive Wood Cheese Knives Set



*Images via Eye-Swoon




13 comments:

  1. I could eat bread and cheese for pretty much every meal!! Throw in olive oil, truffle butter, fig preserves, honey... I'm in heaven. I love this rustic inspiration and that drunken goat cheese sounds amazing!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How gorgeous! I love a table with country bread, a good cheese assortment and some good fig jam :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh such a beautiful table! Love all those rustic elements. xo, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah - I was in complete heaven when I went to Italy. There was no excuse NOT to eat all the bread and cheese and olives I could get my paws on! LOVING this gorg tablescape!

    xo
    Holly Foxen Wells

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! This is me. I always say I could live off of bread, cheese and chocolate!! Love these inspiration photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this tabelscape is so pretty! it looks casual but so inviting. i love having a good meal of delicious cheeses, breads and olives. now i'm hungry! :)
    -- jackiejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these photos...and I am not totally ready for a picnic and some cheese and wine. Or just cheese and wine anywhere. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the idea of putting a spring of leaves atop the napkins. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the menu...............thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous table top. I love any table that has cheese on it. Seriously, I could make a whole meal out of cheese and bread.

    ReplyDelete
  11. these photos are amazing - love how rustic it is - totally my style!

    xxx
    Lady à la Mode

    ReplyDelete