Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Petal by Petal: German Iris

If there is one flower that has really stolen my heart this spring it would be the German Iris. It has a beauty that is dimensional, colorful and seeing it bloom is like watching something absolutely beautiful unfold in front of your eyes.  This spring flower is in full bloom in the New York area, many brownstones in my  neighborhood have front yards filled with these tall blooming beauties in a variety of purple, blues and pinks.  I picked up this bunch at the Union Square Market over the weekend.  I was intrigued by their vibrant color in addition to their soft powdery aroma that is laced with a bit of pepper. If you are looking for a bloom to incorporate on your coffee table, night stand or table setting definitely consider the German Iris, I can guarantee you will be just as enamored.   


*All photographs by Alison 

18 comments:

  1. These are so gorgeous! I have a hunch I can't find them anywhere near my apartment, but I wish I could!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its a beautiful flower indeed Alison, is also one of my favorite as scent when have to choose a body water! Great photos dear! Kisses! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my favorite flowers - beautiful!

    xxx
    Lady à la Mode

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa! I don't know if I've seen these before. They're glorious :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. you took these pics?? gorgeous and totally framers! i don't think i had heard of this flower, but it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. While I do love Iris', peonies will always be my favorite flower when they bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That first image almost took my breath away! I'd love it blown up into a huge print - it would look stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. etsy store!!! Gotta do it....these are so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous images. There is something so exotic about the shape and colour of the German iris.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so pretty. Did you snap them yourself? I love the flowers almost as much as the photographs themselves.

    xx, Bubbly in Brooklyn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there, I love the pictures in the post, is it possible for me to use one of them for my school project? I had to create a poster with it, thx

    ReplyDelete