Tuesday, May 28, 2013

I Love This Look: The White Skirt

I hope that everyone had a safe and fun Memorial Day weekend! The beginning of the weekend we were greeted here in New York by cold weather, I can't believe I am saying this but I was wearing my winter jacket on Friday night sitting out on our porch - it was that cold. The rest of the weekend progressively got nicer so we hosted our first barbecue on our porch, which felt long over due.  We spent Memorial Day just outside New York City where my husband-to-be's father, Commander of the American Legion marched in the parade. The ceremony that followed was emotional and eye-opening to all of the sacrifices and bravery that soldiers and their families go through to protect our country.  

Remember when wearing white before Memorial Day and after Labor Day was considered fashion taboo? Well luckily we have moved passed this, whew.  Adding white to a wardrobe makes for a crisp and clean look, not to mention chic, which is just one of the reasons why I love this look, in addition to combining white with brightly colored prints.  I hope that everyone has a great week and cheers to shorter work week!


Image via Vanessa Jackman

12 comments:

  1. I love this look, too! SO perfect for summer. xo, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alison! Glad you had a nice Memorial Day weekend! It is getting cold also here and have to bring back the winter jacket too, very annoying! That look is great, love the skirt! Kisses! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto! Sounds like a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend. Glad it's warm again today! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how flowy and pretty hers is–the printed top is the perfect pop of color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the blouse!! and the skirt! I was looking at tassled flats while in NYC...I saw many that I fell in love with....but didn't buy any....How fun that you hosted your first bbq!! Loved your table setting. I know...it was freezing! It put a hamper on some of our plans :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the look of a white skirt in the summer. I love the flowy ones like hers! Now I need to get myself one!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the look of white skirts in the summer, yet I don't own one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like that we can now wear white all year :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those loafers are so cute! And the rest of this week is going to be steamy and perfect for wearing white.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a chic ladylike look! That lipstick looks so glam too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. loooove that white skirt - so pretty. it was also super cold by us on Friday night too. hopefully the cold weather is behind us!!
    -- jackie - jade and oak
    -- jewelry giveaway

    ReplyDelete