Thursday, June 7, 2012

White-Washed Paros, Greece

After leaving Santorini I thought Paros would have have a hard time measuring up, however, I was completely wrong.  We stayed in Naoussa, a beautiful white-washed port town that was dotted with amazing seafood restaurants, shops and cafés.  Just like Santorini, everywhere that you looked you were inundated with a color palette that was just stunning. I enjoyed wandering the town, weaving in and out of  cafés for a cappacino freddo (more on that later).  We also explored Lefkes, another white-washed hill-top town covered with orange, lemon and quince trees that was surrounded by a historical Byzantine wall. 
The beaches in Paros are stunningly breath-taking.  The water is the clearest and calmest that I have ever seen, a friend compared it to swimming in oil - she couldn't have given a better description since this water doesn't move.  My favorite beach was Kolimbithres, a deserted slice of paradise located very close to Naoussa. You could walk out very far and the water stayed at knees length.  I was captivated with how the sun reflected on the sea turning it an immaculate shade of aqua blue.  Visiting Paros left me with a sense of wanderlust, wanting to discover other Greek islands, like Corfu and Crete.
(Lefkes)
(Naoussa)
(Naoussa)
(Nauossa)
(A sunny path in Lefkes)
(Lefkes)
(My boyfriend picked a lemon that was the size of a grapefruit!)
(Kolimbithres)
(Chasing my hat)
(Crystal clear water)
(The port of Naoussa at sunset)
(Reflections of the sun)
*All photographs by Alison

11 comments:

  1. what a beautiful place and great photos!:) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great capture! The attraction of Paros is not any "must see" place; it is the atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It just all look so beautiful. Great photos.

    http://www.fashionforjojo.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Breathtakingly beautiful! Makes me want to go back to Greece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How gorgeous. Whenever I'm exposed to the true beauties of the world, I feel so wasteful spending my time in one place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh I am so jealous! I would love to go to Greece, gorgeous photos as always!


    xo SideSmile,
    Ashley

    Enter to Win 3 Lily and Laura Bracelets

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's it! My mind is made up, I definitly want to go to Greece this summer!!

    xx
    meinmode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. love it... Santorini will be hopefully my honeymoon destination in a few months :)

    ReplyDelete