Monday, June 25, 2012

Lemon & Honey Sugar Scrub

I must admit that I have a bit of a beauty product problem, some might call it an obsession, I call it a (healthy) addiction.  There is nothing quite like making yourself feel good by slathering on a luxurious moisturizer or swiping on a bright colored lipstick to brighten up your entire face.  I also love body products, especially scrubs and during the summer my usage of body scrubs and moisturizers are increased due to so much leg and arm baring.  Making homemade beauty products has always been an interest of mine, so I decided to make this recipe for lemon and honey sugar scrub.  The sweet aroma of the honey, combined with the sugar and the lemon zest created not only a wonderfully fragrant experience but also left my skin incredibly soft and moisturized. I am now officially 
ready to take on the summer season.
A Few Things: In order to get the most out of your scrub, especially it if is an oil-based product, exfoliate before you get into the shower - doing so allows you to achieve maximum exfoliation results, as it is best to slough-off dead skins cells on dry versus wet skin.  Also, just a safety tip, be careful, as the oils can create a slippery bath surface, so please step lightly!

*All photographs by Alison

21 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing, it must be very good as scrub..if I can resist and not eat!:P Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i loved this recipe
    it's an amazing scrub it gives a soft baby skin <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really awesome! I appreciate the tips ans recipe!

    Rebecca

    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/feed/blog-profile/3636285/winnipeg-style-main-category

    www.einnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute blog! now following!!



    With Love From Hollywood, Kier

    Fashion Addict
    Fashion Addict

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, I just might have to try this scrub!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you for you sweet comment! i'm loving your blog! want to follow each other?

    xoxo- Lisa

    http://www.lamodebrux.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really must try this, I've just gotten into body scrubs and this could really save me some money. THANKS!

    www.fashionforjojo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great recipe and I'm for using both natural ingredients and things already on hand! No need to spend a small fortune on exfoliators!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh this is nice, and seems like a simple yet great recipe! I gotta try this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your blog, dear! Following you on gfc and bloglovin, wan an do the same?

    Alessia


    THE CHILI COOL


    FACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh I love this! what a great idea

    ReplyDelete
  12. SO helpful! Thanks for posting!

    I want to invite you to join the RIRE giveaway on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awsome! Would make a great organic scrub! xoxo
    http://www.hellohellofriday.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this! Lemon and honey are 2 of my favorite flavors :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  15. I will try it. It look fantastic and delicious

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great idea! I always love a good DIY project. I can't wait to try this out!

    Dana
    Big City Farm Girl

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm not sure if I want to use this or eat it haha!

    xo SideSmile,
    Ashley

    Ps. Don't forget to enter my
    Protect Your Pumps Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooh, this looks awesome! I will have to try it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks fab just like lush!
    xo,
    http://missmelissafashionandbeautyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete