Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Cucumber Cooler

There is something incredibly refreshing about the combination of cucumber, mint and lemon.  Sipping on this trio makes me want to lounge around at a spa in a lush white robe.  When the barometer begins to rise, I look for ways to cool-down, espeically when there isn't a beach/pool around and of course when I don't want to eat ice cream.  This recipe for a cucumber cooler is as invigorating I'd say as taking a quick dip in the ocean and my version is healthy and really quenches your thirst.
A Few Things: Instead of a lime, I used a lemon and in place of the club soda I used seltzer, as I didn't want this drink to be that sweet.  I then added honey to taste.  This was the perfect beverage to sip on during a warm sunny day.  
*All photographs by Alison

12 comments:

  1. I never tried it but I bet it is so good and fresh!^^ Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These drinks look tasty, although I must admit I have never thought of mixing cucumber in other than a salad before :).

    I'll make sure to try your recipe, once I get tired of the old good lemonade with ice.

    Those green hues feel so summery ♥

    Hugs,
    Oteea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh that DOES look so refreshing and delicious...thanks for sharing :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...I have heard of cucumber water...but this sounds way better! I will be drinking this!! Love it! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks great I'm going to make this soon:)
    xx Kate

    http://style-department.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Refreshing!

    www.wardrobemenu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely have to try this! Looks yummy and refreshing, perfect for summer!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  8. YUM that looks so refreshing, I think I need to make those soon : )

    xo SideSmile,
    Ashley

    SideSmile Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cucumber water is so refreshing - not something you'd anticipate be as satisfying as it is. I always put a little ginger in mine, personally :)

    ReplyDelete