Saturday, October 27, 2012

Weekend Breakfast::Caramelized Banana Muffins with Browned Butter Glaze

I love bananas, they are healthy snack and always provide just the right amount of energy before my runs, but I can never seem to eat them quick enough to prevent them from ripening too quickly.  Fortunately when you have a few ripened banana's laying around on a Saturday morning the only thing to do is to turn them into some sort of banana treat. I stumbled across this recipe in the October issue of Cooking Light dedicated to quick and easy breads that are on the lighter side - meaning they are not loaded with a lot of oil and butter.  I decided to make Caramelized Banana Bread with Browned Butter Glaze and let me tell you, they were out of this world.  

 A Few Things: In order to make this recipe even healthier, I added equal parts whole wheat pastry flour to white flour.  You never would have known, as these muffins were very light and fluffy on the inside.  Also, I opted to make muffins out of this recipe, but it can easily be made into bread as directed.  

*Photographs by Alison 

5 comments:

  1. OMG yum. These look soooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't ate breakfast yet.... my mouth is watering lol

    xoxo Bree
    The Urban Umbrella

    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look amazing! I might just have to run to the store and make some now :)

    xo,
    Maya

    ReplyDelete