Sunday, October 7, 2012

The Dinner Table: Quinoa Cakes

 For as much as I love to eat something sweet, you will find me more often than not eating healthy foods rich in nutrients. One of my favorite sources of protein and fiber is quinoa.  I love this grain for it's nutty taste, so I decided to make Quinoa Cakes, perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner.  Continue for more...


A Few Things: This recipe makes about twelve fairly large patties.  There are many different ways that you can eat them and here are a few:

Breakfast/Brunch - Top with a poached egg
Lunch - Lay a cake atop a bed of arugula and finish with shaved parmesean
Dinner - Treat it as a burger; layer a slice of cheese (Gruyère or sharp chedder) and add a whole wheat bun.  

*All photographs by Alison 

7 comments:

  1. mmmm looks so tasty, I also posted a recipe with Quinoa and would love to try that one!!!

    http://myfashionfoodstyle.blogspot.co.il/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quinoa is definitely the best thing I discovered over the past months -chic & tasty! thanks for sharing dear!

    Virginie/ Style Reload

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that looks great! I will be taking cooking classes from you shortly. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alison, this loos delicious, never heard of that but makes a good recipie that I can fix for my vegetarian food. Thanks for sharing I will def try this out :-) Have a great sunday dear :-)
    <3 ani
    www.fleurani.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm definitely going to try these! I've heard that quinoa is so good for you, and I'm going to try to incorporate more of it into my diet.

    xo Jenny
    www.crazystylelove.com

    ReplyDelete