Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Arles, France

 I hope that everyone had a great long holiday weekend, three day weekends are one of my favorite things!  It is hard to believe that it is September and I still have some photographs from places that we explored on our honeymoon in May.  I purposely spaced them out so that when I was ready to share them the memory would again be fresh in my mind, because precious memories they were.  

I have a love for France, obviously, I have shared that many times here!  I have visited northern and eastern France and the South of France, but until May hadn't really explored Provence, a place that has now left an indelible mark on me. My mind is oftentimes blown by the beauty that exists in this world - there are just so many places to see and experiences to be had.  The charm of Provence is like no other, from the cobbled stones streets, stone homes accented with the prettiest pastels to the Roman ruins that still linger, it is a site for the eyes.  We visited Arles, a place once inhabited by the Romans and a plethora of artists including Vincent Van Gogh (it is where he painted the famed  Cafe Terrace at Night).  It was pure pleasure to wonder the narrow streets and stumble upon a Roman amphitheater (that is still used today!) or the best open-air food market that I have ever seen - artichokes! lemons! cheese! bread! melons! (the list went on an on).  All I needed was a kitchen.  Our stay was not long enough, I hope to return to this section of France once again but visit Avignon, Aix, and St. Remy.  If you are looking for a boutique hotel to stay, I recommend the Hotel d’Arlatan, it was a relaxing and beautiful space.  Okay, now I officially have the travel bug once again...


*Photography by Alison 

5 comments:

  1. Great pics!! I miss this kind of places a lot!!
    Thanks!

    www.helenabranquinho.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous photos! Would love to go to Provence one day!

    The Style Scribe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos! I've been trying to figure out when I could fit a Provence trip in - it's definitely on my 'must see' list. I'm thinking end of March but not sure if the weather will be good enough yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are all so beautiful! What a fantastic honeymoon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. France has so many fabulous regions I would like to visit. Provence is definitely on my list!
    www.fashiontruffles.com

    ReplyDelete