Monday, June 30, 2014

The Louvre, Paris

Happy Monday everyone, I hope you had a great weekend! And the good news is that this week is a short one since it is the Fourth of July.   In college, as I have mentioned before, I majored in art history.  Originally I was a communications major, since I wanted to work in magazine editorial, but I changed half-way through because it wasn't giving me the writing that I craved.  My new major allowed me to craft a hefty dose of writing while simultaneously doing so about beautiful art works and architecture.  I love painting and sculpture, but what really drew me into the program was architecture.  Ever since I was old enough to pay attention to columns, moldings and scale I knew that a passion was born, hence my love for Europe. I also clearly have a fascination with royalty, hence my love for Versialles and castles in general. I find it awe-inspiring that kings and queens could live on such a large scale with multiple castles not too far from each other.  The immense size of the Louvre can leave you short of breath, not just for the vastness but for the history that lies behind its columned facade.  One the same morning that I wandered into the Palais Royal to experience the roses, I spent extra time at the Louvre, watching the morning light reflect on the statues and slowly light up the manicured boxwoods that dominate the landscape. It was peaceful. I was one of the only souls there experiencing the architecture.  It was magical.  



*Photography by Alison 

5 comments:

  1. Your travel posts ALWAYS make me want to jump on a plane immediately after reading. I want to be in Paris!
    www.fashiontruffles.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We rode our bikes through the grounds at sunset, and let me tell you STUNNING. Our tour guide told us that if you were to walk inside the Louvre and look at everything on every floor you will have walked 8 miles! Crazy huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your 1st photograph captures the architectural beauty and style of the Louvre perfectly! It is a wonder to behold......and definitely on my bucket list to visit. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Louvre was definitely my favorite site in Paris when I went. Gorgeous photos!

    ReplyDelete