Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Petal by Petal:: Narcissus

I first discovered Narcissus, also commonly known as Paper Whites, in high school in the form of a candle.  It had a gorgeous white floral fragrance with green undertones that immediately drew me. I ended up purchasing and burning it shortly there after.  After doing research I realized that Paper Whites are those wonderful bulbs that you can plant, typically in the winter that bloom into pure, white flowers. If you are looking for a natural way to wonderfully fragrance your home, now is the time to purchase the bulbs or the plant.  They are incredibly easy to grow since they do not need to be rooted in soil and can simply grow by being placed on rocks or covered by moss and gently watered.  Paper Whites are a great way to bring the hope of spring back into your home.  Continue for more...



*Photography & Styling by Alison

7 comments:

  1. I bet these smell amazing. I have to say, this is one of my favorite features of yours–I love learning about new types of flowers! Where do you buy all these pretties in NYC?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! ANd I love that their smell is magnificent as well. I will keep these in mind to plant for the spring. Can you imagine these popping up around the yard? wao!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous! I'm picking up orchids today, but these would work for a similar look!

    The Style Scribe

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my, these flowers are beautiful! they also smell so delicious... my parents used to have these around the house and you could really smell them from any room!

    xxx
    Lady à la Mode

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh these are gorj! Can you keep them in a pot indoors?

    Allie of ALLIE NYC
    allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That first picture is SO pretty!
    xx Lexi, Glitter, Inc.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love learning about new flowers from you :) Not sure if I've seen these before but they're so pretty - and your photography is stunning per usual!

    ReplyDelete