Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Interior to Outfit: Blue Accents

Thank you everyone for your sweet comments yesterday, they mean so much. So many things have been happening over here, yesterday, I worked on a photo shoot here in Brooklyn with Tamra of Everswoon - can't wait to show you the results!

Now onto interiors and fashion: There are so many facets about this bedroom that I love, I am not sure exactly where to start. I love a tonal color palette in the bedroom that features a cascade of shades, especially calming blues as shown here.  I also adore the graphic black and white bench and the neutral curtains and bedding that anchor the room in a sea of blues.  Do you like varying tones of the same shade, or do you prefer different colors? 


Image from housebeautiful.com

17 comments:

  1. I want this bedroom! What an amazing look! I love the yellow mixed in too! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looove this outfit! The cobalt blue pants are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats for the shooting dear! nice decor inspiration, I like varying tones of the same shade:) Kisses! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful translation!! I love the soft blues and yellow. I'm so excited about the photoshoot...seems like its so exciting over there. I'm sure it must be so nice to be collaborating and learning and meeting new people. Yeay!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH I love the outfit inspired by the room! I can't wait to read more/see the photoshoot!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those blue pants! I really need those, I think. Can't wait to hear more about the photo shoot!

    Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

    ReplyDelete
  7. very nice post!
    i love the different items<
    the bag and blue pant looks great
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this outfit! That top is awesome and the jacket works so well with the whole look.

    Amy

    Fashion and Beauty Finds

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this bedroom, it's so gorgeous and I like those soft tones!
    For the outfit, my fave is the Topshop oversized coat ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! Being busy is always a good thing! Can't wait to see how the photos turn out!!! Love this room and the corresponding pieces you picked out to match!!!!

    xx
    Holly Foxen Wells
    GlamourMash

    ReplyDelete
  11. That bedroom is incredible! And those loafers are so chic.
    xo, Julie
    www.fromproseccotoplaid.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the interior, and for a some time now I try to avoid going on the topshop site so I don't order that coat and now I think I might cave;)
    xx Kate

    The Style Department

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful post, my fave is the cute and lovely bag!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my, I really LOVE that room decor. The soft purple with the bright pop of blue is just so pretty!

    xo Jenny
    www.crazystylelove.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the combination of the checks + cobalt blue - great look!

    ReplyDelete