Monday, November 26, 2012

I Love This Look: Blue Textures & Yellow

I hope that everyone had a great weekend!  Did you brave the stores and hit up the sales on black Friday?  I opted out of the madness and wandered into a few vintage stores in Williamsburg instead.  

Now onto the fashion - I love this look because it has one statement piece that makes the entire outfit - here it is the cobalt blue fur that is tousled over her shoulders.  I also love the contrasting combination of yellow and black.  When turning this look into an interior, I wanted the sofa to be the star (I mean isn't this sofa is so pretty?) and added floral, yellow and black elements.  

On another note, I am starting a new job today after having two months off between jobs (it has been nice, I am not going to lie).  I will still be keeping up with all of my favorite blogs, but I might be commenting a bit later in the day.  

Yellow Lamp / Sofa  / Gold Leaf Bird I & II / Leather Chair / Floral Rug 

*Image from Stockholm Street Style

17 comments:

  1. this is a very nice colors combo! I like the look too! kisses dear! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alison there is something elegant and richfull in those colour combo :-)

    www.fleurani.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new job!! Will you share with us what it is? Beautiful room and color combination! Good luck today on your first day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi albertina! I am working in marketing at a fragrance house, should be super creative:)

      Delete
  4. I find blue and yellow to be such a chic combo, especially when both are super saturated in color. I'm crazy about that couch!

    Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

    ReplyDelete
  5. The outfit is adorable and the interior decor is so pretty. I love blue and yellow together, such a great color combo.

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats on the new job. i have to admit, i was so-so on the outfit, but i LOVE the room you put together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the blue!! Congrats on the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this color combo!!!!
    Kisses
    Elena
    http://dcinstyle.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great colour combo and I like the cobalt fur

    ReplyDelete
  10. I stayed in on Black Friday too -- but got some Cyber Monday deals in the comfort of my own home. ;)

    I love, love this look and the room you created is perfect! Would love a navy tufted sofa.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous color combo
    http://shana-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love blues and yellows together, so beautiful! Glad to have found your blog <3

    Best,
    Colour Me Classic

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous outfit and fabulous interior design board!! LOVE IT!
    xoAmy
    www.dreamingincashmere.com

    ReplyDelete