Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Petal by Petal:: Tulip

The tulip is one of those flowers that you cannot help but be drawn to for their twisting and turning stems that play out like some sort of dance in front of your eyes.  Their arrival means that spring really is right around the corner and for that I could not be happier. With their myriad of colors and different varieties (a favorite from last year is the fringed tulip) they are beautiful arranged alone or mixed with other blooms like poppies and ranunculus.  If you are looking for a little tip to make the tulips stand up, drop a penny in the bottom of the vase, this will make them stand up right.  Continue for more...


*Photography & Styling by Alison 

6 comments:

  1. Can we talk about maybe you giving me a quick photography lesson? You're such a pro!
    www.fashiontruffles.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love tulips! They're so dainty, but the petals are thick and strong. I had no idea about the penny tip - great one!

    The Style Scribe

    ReplyDelete
  3. such pretty flowers!! I love having these around my house this time of year. And especially white ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tulips are my absolute favorite flower–I sometimes even find the fringed ones at the Union Square Market!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are just stunning. So ladylike and feminine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So simply beautiful. I love the tulip bloom, so refreshing and a wonderful sight to see. I once got a bouquet of tulips for my birthday, and they were the most brightening and cheery thing ever. Gorgeous, gorgeous photos!

    ReplyDelete