Friday, February 28, 2014

Coming Up Roses

Amidst some good news the other week (thank you so much for your kind comments), we also got some bad news - the gazebo where we were going to get married collapsed due to the heavy snow and ice that had been perched atop it for months.  Yes, panic struck in, even though our wedding is going to be very small, I was just about to press 'order' on our invitations.  We were planning on getting married outside the city, where my fiancé is from and then having our wedding reception in Brooklyn.  Sure we could move it inside somewhere, but the only thing that I always dreamed of for my wedding was to have it outside, in the spring, surrounded by blooming trees and fragrant flowers.  We had to develop a plan B, but nothing like waiting until the last minute - our wedding is in mid-May.  Even if we had another idea it would probably be booked, however, my genius man knows me better than anyone else and suggested the Brooklyn Botanical Garden, a favorite sanctuary of mine but the likelihood that they would have a slot open was pretty slim.  Well, good news, our wedding date was the only Saturday they had left in the month! I am so happy that we will be marrying in the enchanting Rose Garden, a wonderful section of the gardens filled with such an abundance of flowers and a dreamy English gazebo, honestly I couldn't ask for more.  One of the things that I love equally to flowers are manicured gardens.  I am so excited and blessed that everything has worked out.  In order to celebrate here are just a few of the beautiful gardens that I have on my Pinterest page that have me not only dreaming of spring but our wedding.   Have a wonderful weekend everyone!



Images 1/ 2 (unknown) /3 (unknown)/ 4 /5(unknown)

8 comments:

  1. I'm so pleased to hear that you will be able to have your wedding outside in beautiful gardens. I've always been a fan of topiary and manicured lawns. Gorgeous images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I'm glad it's all going to work out! We checked out the BBG when we were scouting out wedding venues, and it is just gorgeous there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It just goes to show that one door closes and another opens! I'm sorry to hear about your first venue, but it sounds like you will have a magical ceremony nonetheless!

    The Style Scribe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Things happen for a reason...and I adore the Brooklyn Botanical garden....it's magical. It will be amazing. That spot was waiting for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And of course your wedding had to be outside surrounded by flowers...it could be no other way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope that everything's gonna be good now and that your wedding say become unforgettable!
    Wonderful pics btw!

    ♥ ♥ ♥ www.sugarpopfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This seems like the perfect location for you and I'm sure it will be such a beautiful ceremony! Can't wait to see pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing!
    Wedding Flowers

    ReplyDelete