Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Cinnamon Custard Pie

That time of the year has arrived where all I can think about is Thanksgiving - it is my favorite holiday.  We will be heading up to Boston this year to celebrate with my family but that will not hinder me from baking and cooking away in my sister's kitchen.   I love all of the courses, especially the turkey and whipped mashed potatoes (I don't know what could be more comforting) and then of course dessert.  This year I want to expand my pie repertoire beyond pumpkin pie, so I decided to whip up a Cinnamon Custard Pie to start celebrating early.   This recipe is a wonderful treat, because it still combines the essence of fall (cinnamon) but it is creamy and laced with vanilla giving it an almost ice-cream like flavor and texture. What pie will you eat or bake this holiday?  And stay tuned for some other tasty pie recipes next week! Continue for more...



*Pate Sucree Recipe here, Cinnamon Custard Pie adapted from Martha Stewart
** Photography & Styling by Alison

15 comments:

  1. Yum! I got lucky and got to taste this dessert from the a Heart of Gold kitchen. It's even better than this beautiful picture portrays....which says a lot! Definitely a Thanksgiving must!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photos are amazing!! What beautiful styling. This looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, it looks super delicious!:) Kisses Alison! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds incredible, but what I'm MORE amazed by is your awesome food styling. You really need to do a post with tips (pretty please!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh oh oh! Drool. This looks so, so good!
    www.fashiontruffles.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is one gorgeous and beautiful pie, perfect for anyone's Thanksgiving table!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum, I could go for some of this pie right now!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  8. great recipe and delicious looking photos! bookmarked ;)

    xo, Lily on Fillmore

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! What a delightful alternative to pumpkin pie. Beautiful photography my dear! you really out did yourself on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks so amazing! I haven't cooked any pies yet, but I would love to give this one a try

    ReplyDelete
  11. this sounds amazing! I love custard pies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your pictures are seriously UNREAL. How do you always take the most gorgeous photos is beyond me. And the fact that you make all the recipes? Mind blown. Teach me your ways... xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow did you make this AND style the picture? Nice!!

    Allie of ALLIE NYC formerly Dressing Ken

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great back drop and beautiful pictures... Well done!

    ReplyDelete