Saturday, November 19, 2011

My Wish was Answered - VOGUE: THE COVERS

















A few weeks back I wrote a wish that Vogue (following in the steps of Harper's Bazaar) would release a book that highlights their best covers over the years. Well, my wish was answered and then some.  In a newly released book titled, Vogue: The Covers, you are taken back in time, 120 years to be exact, through their best covers.  I am in awe over magazine covers in general - past or present, but when you include covers shot by photographer greats such as Richard Avedon, Irving Penn, Mario Testino and Annie LeibovitzI feel like I should be paying a museum admission just to flip through these pages.  This book is now officially on my holiday wishlist and will inevitably have me scouring EBay for the entire issues of my new favorite covers.  

All images from vogue.com

No comments:

Post a Comment