Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Interior Elements:: Southwestern Rugs

Well we made it through Sandy. Her winds were incredibly powerful but luckily we did not loose power, just our internet and cable.  Once the rain stops I plan on going near the East River, sadly I heard that Brooklyn Bridge Park is under some serious water.

Now back to the good stuff - Until I saw these two interiors, I had never been one for a Southwestern style rug; before, I always thought that they looked very dated, especially in muted colors. However, seeing these images I am now humming to a different tune. I love the bold geometric color and how it has the ability to make a statement in both rooms. Below are some that I currently have my eye on, in particularly the pink and grey option - it is so pretty! Do you like this style of rug, or do you like to play it safe when it comes to home textiles? 
Images from architecturaldigest.com

13 comments:

  1. These rooms are gorgeous, and the rugs totally make the room! I'm loving the middle rug in the second row...

    xo,
    Maya

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how that first room is decorated, so pretty!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you are ok! I love these rugs! Nice how the furniture compliments it so well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so glad to hear you made it through alright!!! loving those rugs, very tahoe feel

    xo SideSmile,
    Ashley

    SideSmile Style

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like them too!:) btw, stay safe and warm dear! kisses! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the first room! So pretty :)
    Beijos, Ana
    www.anainstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. love interior design posts! especially this one!

    lots of love from the c&p girls,
    casper&pearl blog
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had never thought of it...are they the same home? I absolutely love the second photo....It works beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! They are from decorator J. Randall Powers. He recently redid a home that is just so beautiful!

      Delete
  9. I love southwestern style! Both in decor and clothing! Stay safe out there my dear!

    xx
    Holly Foxen Wells
    GlamourMash

    ReplyDelete
  10. hmmmm... can't say I would have ever considered one before but I'm kinda loving the look. Glad you are safe!

    ReplyDelete