Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Inspiring Recipes:: Deliciously Beautiful Cakes

I have to admit I have cake on my brain, particularly wedding cake. I am excited because I am actually making our wedding cake using our favorite recipe - it will be vanilla cake with blood orange curd and buttercream (the recipe is here).  Some might think it is a little crazy that I am making our cake (I am also doing our flowers) and believe me things might get a bit hectic but it will make our day even more special.  Here are a few deliciously beautiful cakes that are inspiring me right now, enjoy the sugar rush!





6 comments:

  1. I can't decide win in one looks better! Just happy that no one else is making your cake but you...you are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That lavender cake sounds divine, but I can't pass up anything with macaroons on it!

    The Style Scribe

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are making your own cake??!! You are amazing! and your own flowers!! please, please you have to share all your photos here. You are my hero...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, so wonderful... And it's such a great idea to make your own cake! I think it's not that difficult when you just stay calm and have all you need nearby. Hope to see the result. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I'm so impressed that you're making your own wedding cake - it sounds delicious!! That little pink cake in the first photo has captured my heart!

    ReplyDelete