Tuesday, February 11, 2014

{Trend Spotting} NYFW Fall 2014 (Part I)

New York, New York - how sweet you are.  Fashion month has officially begun starting with a strong presentation of shows in New York.  There have been many trends, new silhouettes and dominating colors making the arrival of another fall season more than welcome.  Dominating the color scheme was a sea of blues varying from opulent cobalt to light and sugary blues making pastels extend past spring.  Another detail was the re-introduction of feathers whether inspired by a colorful peacock seen at Nicole Miller or layer upon layer of wispy feathers at Peter Som.  Last Fall it was all about the coat but next season there are belted varieties seen at Delpozo and Christian Siriano.  During the spring it was all about baring your mid-section, for fall the shoulder have their chance in the spotlight whether in feminine off-the-shoulder silhouettes or a more daring version with a plunging neckline.  What shows have been your favorite so far?



Images via WWD.comStyle.com

7 comments:

  1. That last grouping of pastels is stunning. I love the soft fuzzy feel. I'd die to dress like that on the daily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that shoulders and pastels are "in"

    ReplyDelete
  3. The feathers and pastels are here to stay and I'm loving it!
    www.fashiontruffles.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore feathers....and the blues are so beautiful! Thanks for the recap...I have not had time to look at all the collections. This gives me a good overview.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm completely loving all the pastels that are happening–they're so easy to wear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all those pastels - so gorgeous! Now just add feathers and make them off the shoulder and you've got a hit ;)

    ReplyDelete