Saturday, October 1, 2011

Brunch: Whole Wheat Apple Muffins & Spinach and Gruyere Frittata

Brunch is arguably the best meal during the weekend.  For me, there are two essentials that have to be on the table, an amazing egg dish and a delightful pastry, if I should be so tempted.  I adapted this recipe for a gruyere and spinach frittata, I omitted the bacon and sauteed the spinach with half and onion.  I loved this recipe because it infuses the basics - eggs, fresh spinach and a tastey cheese, that's it - no milk. 

(A cast-iron pan does wonders for this dish)
(A light way to begin the weekend)

I have been on the lookout for a delicious apple recipe, since I still have an abundance of apples from our apple picking excursion last weekend.  I used this recipe that I adapted just a bit - I used less butter and incorporated whole wheat flour and organic pastry flour, which made the insides just so fluffy.  
(The heavenly mixture)
(Nothing like warm, almost flakey apple muffins on a fall Saturday afternoon)

No comments:

Post a Comment