Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Places to Venture {Brooklyn} - Four & Twenty Blackbirds

There are so many places to dine at in New York City it can be quite intimidating.  I find it nearly impossible to keep up with the newly opened restaurant section of New York Magazine, Time Out New York or The New York Times.  I admit that I get most of my leads  by watching The Cooking Channel - I am quite obsessed with two shows,  Unique Eats and Unique Sweets (have you guys ever tuned in? You should if you haven't!). 

They recently featured Four & Twenty Blackbirds, a cozy little pie shop nestled in the up-and-coming section of Gowanus, Brooklyn,  They have an amazing selection of pies by the slice or whole pies to choose from - we settled on Lemon Chess and Salted Caramel Apple. Let me tell you how amazing both were in particularly the latter - the inside contained soft, molten apples drenched in liquid caramel while the outside had flaky crust sprinkled with coarse sea salt. It was a slice of  heaven.   If you are in the area of if you aren't it is definitely worth the trip. They also brew Irving Farm Coffee and an assortment of teas to accompany your pie.  I also loved the rustic/refined decor that consisted of aged copper tin ceilings and walls and the large wooden tables to enjoy your pie.  
*Photographs by Alison 

16 comments:

  1. It could be my paradise Alison! Love pies and the ones you took the pic look very yummy! I'm pinning them:) Kisses dear! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always looking for places to try in NYC...You're right, it can me kind of tough because there are SO many options. I need to try this joint out!

    Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. That salted caramel apple omg...LOOKS DELISH! I want to try this place! xo, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. i heard this place was amazing! NEED to try it now! x

    & Pretty Things

    ReplyDelete
  5. Come-on, apple let's go...............thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Pie quote! And yum.. these pies look heavenly!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm... pie! You just made me really hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I literally just emailed a link to this post to my friends in Bklyn. I need to go check this place out asap!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I live for pie!!!!! I wonder if they ship to Dallas. haha! Yummmm

    ReplyDelete
  10. YUM!!!! They look almost as good as your desserts! Ok so when I go to NYC (Late May) will you give me a mini tour of Bklyn? I will email you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This lemon chess pie looks so yummy yummy!
    And I love the little sentence at the entrance "this must be where pies go when they die", so funny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow these pies look delicious, if I am ever going to ny again I need to check that place out!
    xx Kate

    The Style Department

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my, these pies look uber delicious. It really sounds like heaven, now I would love to live in a place surrounded by little places filled with goodies <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are a brilliant photographer! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. PS I tried to find a link to follow you on but I couldn't find one?? How do I follow? xxx

    www.bohemianmuses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete